Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January geese for Diana, Hive 1

I had fun with this block. . . .and even my husband thought it was pretty cool.




I am looking forward to seeing how my block plays with the others that Diana gets.


This is the second time that I am in the Stash Bee.  My first time was in 2016. . . and I still have not completed a quilt with the blocks that I received.  I have been trying to decide how I want to set the blocks. . . . and if I want to make more blocks for a larger quilt.


I have recently been doing a LOT of hand quilting to get a long term UFO completed and have been listening to books on tape.  I am on the last published book (so far) in the Outlander series ("Written in My Own Heart's Blood").


I enjoy reading of any kind. . . and books on CD allow me to listen to a book with my hands free to do the quilting.


Of course it is harder to listen while sewing (although I have done it with the volume at full blast). . . . .but it is impossible when I am using my quilting machine. . . I need all my concentration on that.


We here in New Jersey had another bit of snow. . . . hardly anything where I live though.  They say that it will be getting warmer by the weekend so I am guessing that most of it will be gone by then.


Have a wonderful day,


Sherry





No comments: