Sunday, January 8, 2017

Heart Blocks for Cyndi

What a fun way to start off the new year! I made a bunch of these heart blocks last summer when I made a quilt for Quilts for Pulse. They go together so fast.


Stitching these up turned out to be a little more of an adventure than I imagined. Right after New Year's Eve the timing on my Benina decided to start acting up. With it in the shop for repairs, I had to dig out my grandmother's 1968 Singer machine. Once I figured out how to thread it, things worked pretty smoothly!


I'll get these in the mail tomorrow!

Stephanie

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Sorry about your bernina but pretty cool with the Singer. Thanks, love them.

Kim V said...

I have the exact same machine which I received from my grandmother! How sweet is that? Two very lucky women. This is a great machine for piecing-- a real work horse.

Unknown said...

Love your fabric choices Stephanie! My mom still sews with her '66 Singer. It just won't die. Enjoy!