Monday, January 18, 2016

Hive 5 January Block for Audrey!

Hello ladies, hope you are all staying toasty warm in the deep freeze, at least here in the upper mid-west!

1.  My name is Jacqueline, and by day I am a Registered Nurse that does Home Care in people's homes. 
2.  I live in Western Wisconsin, on a dairy farm about 9 miles east of the Mississippi River near Durand, Wisconsin. 
3. I am married 26+ years to my hubby Mike. He is the dairy farmer, I'm the city girl, grew up New England and married the country boy.  He won me with his blue eyes!! I have 3 kiddos: Matthias 25, the intellectual of the family. Celia newly 22, married to John and parents to my only Grand baby Esther. She is 6 months old and so much fun!! Eliah is 18, and he just got his wisdom teeth out today. 
4. I have 2 fur babies. Molly the snowshoe kitty whom is mine, and an Alpha cat. Little Debbie is a petite, soft spoken Calico kitty who is sweet and loving and dominated by Molly
5. I have been quilting for almost 20 years. I try to sneak in some sewing every day.
6. I like to crochet a bit, occasionally knit, I've knit a pair of socks and loved it, I just forgot how to read the pattern to make more! I also have cross stitched, but it just doesn't tempt me at this time. 
7. I would love to acquire some of Tula Pink's Chipper line coming out in March. I love anything with squirrels, chipmunks, acorns and oak leaves. 
8. I prefer free motion quilting. I have a long arm and have done 3 quilts on it, but I don't really like it, so I'm going to sell it. I am getting more brave and enjoying exploring fmq on my home machine. 
9. On social media I can be found in a few places:
Instagram: bignuttyquilter
flickr: bignuttyquilter
blog: bignuttyquilter.blogspot.com
facebook: Jacqueline Traun Mombelli

10. My favorite book? Tough choice,  I love James Herriot's books, Rita Mae Brown Mrs. Murphy's Mystery series. Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain is something else too. 
11. I could bing watch Downton Abbey, Doc Martin, MASH, Call the Midwife and Bones. 

Enough about me! So I had the joy of making some fun blocks for Audrey. This block is on my bucket list and I hope to make a quilt using this block which I probably would never of done on my own.



These blocks are wrapped up and ready to go out in tomorrows's mail. Thanks for the fun block Audrey! Stay warm team!! :0)

No comments: