Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hive 1 January - Pineapple block


Here is my pineapple block for Alison. 
A fun block to make, although I noticed I'm not a yellow lady, as in I don't have a lot of yellow to choose from in my stash :-)

Below are some facts about me:
1. Name: Francis 

2. Where you live: in the “Green Heart” of the Netherlands

3. Tell us about your family: Me and the Mr. are married for 31 years now. We have two 28 year old daughters. The eldest living in the UK and the youngest living also in our village.

4. Tell us about your pets: No pets, but I had Guinea Pigs for most of my life, sooooo cute.

5. How long have you been quilting? I started quilting in 2010 with a traditional beginners course and after that I found a whole modern community on the WWW J

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I like to crochet and knit (one day I will get back into embroidery too) and I like to read. I want to start making my own clothes…… 

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Fabric is very expensive in the Netherlands, about $18,00 a yard, so I have to buy carefully. There are so many gorgeous lines out there I don’t know what I would buy. I have a preference for Anna Maria Horner kind of fabrics.

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I like to hand quilt, but I have to plan that carefully too because of health issues (Fibro). Long arm quilting is also very expensive over here.

9. Where we can find you on social media: I’m on Flickr and Instagram (francispaul61) and on FB

10. Favorite book: is my Kobo e reader J

11. Favorite show to binge watch: the 1995 Pride and Prejudice series

No comments: