Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hive 1 Block for Allison

Alison I love this Pineapple block, it’s brilliant! It turns out that while I have LOADS of yellows in my stash I’m pretty low on greens. It’s not a colour I often use, most of mine nod more towards teal. However happily I managed and I hope you love your block, it was a fun one to make. 

1. Name: Sarah

2. Where you live: Northumberland England, about 30mins from the Scottish border. We live right on the coast, it’s equal parts beautiful and blinking freezing depending on the time of year! 

3. Tell us about your family: I live with my man, affectionately referred to as “Him in Doors” and our daughter a 13 year old going on 23 (Give me toddlers over teens ANYDAY) 

4. Tell us about your pets: As you may guess I have a 7 year old Siamese cat called Issabella, she is very poorly at the moment after going into congestive heart failure on Boxing day. We are currently working with the veterinary cardiologist to get her stable at home with meds. We also have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pup called Mac, he’s 4 month old and nowhere near the gentleman I hope he’ll grow into :D stealing tea towels is is current favourite game. Both my critters make a regular showing on my IG feed.

5. How long have you been quilting? I’ve been quilting for about 6 years now I think, sewing for longer though.

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I really enjoy crocheting when I get a chance, little and often. Also the craft of procrastination, I am a Master procrastinator! 

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Oh this is a tough one, I coughed up for the full Cotton and Steel collection on preorder in November so while I’m not fabric dieting I am being quite strict with myself but Mendocino reprint may well bend my iron will! 

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): My preferred method is hand quilting, the most practical method for me at the moment is quilting on my domestic machine (I’ve got arthritis in my wrists and thumbs-yeah it’s a joy lol) 

9. Where we can find you on social media: Instagram is my most checked social media stream - Issabella_the_cat. The esty shop has a FaceBook  page but if I’m honest I don’t have a clue what I”m  doing with FB and I have a rather neglected blog that was giving me evil looks when I logged in to blogger to post this!

10. Favorite book: I am an Audible junky! I’m currently listening to The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher but the last physical book I read was The Golem and the Djinn by Helene Wecker- beautiful story set in New York 1899, highly recommended. My Fave book is a really hard one to pick though I love books by Neil Gaiman, Bernard Cornwell, Philip Pullman, Lani Taylor, Raymond E Feist…the list goes on! 


11. Favorite show to binge watch: I love this, it’s a given we all binge watch shows! The Last Kingdom is my current watch but I’m onto the last episode (Gutted!) on a similar note Vikings is brilliant, Supernatural, How to get away with murder, Criminal minds, Lost Girl (ending soon too *sob*) Grey’s Anatomy. Needless to say my Sky+ box is chock full :D 


I'm looking forwards to getting to know everyone and trying out some fun blocks with you all! 

2 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is absolutely lovely! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

I love the fabrics you used. Very cute!