Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hive 9 October Tutorial


Hi all, I am Rose from New Jersey. I have been sewing most of my life, but only quilting
for about 3 years. My daughter started me and I am truly hooked.
I have been thinking about a block for months now.  I wanted to do a star and had one
picked out and done when I saw this and fell in love.  This is what I have been looking for.
I found this on Any One Can Quilt, it is My Favorite Star.


The tutorial is done in red and neutrals but I love blue and white on white or cream on cream.
the blues need to be dark prints or batiks, no solids.
.The dark blues should be close to navy not  royal blues. You can mix the white on white and
cream on creams. I am sure I will love whatever you do.  It is much easier then it looks. I love this.
Here is the Tutorial  for the block. This should make a 14 1/2" unfinished block, you don't have to trim it.
I am sure I can do that. I hope you like this block as much as I do.  Have fun!

My question,  I mentioned that I sewed for years before finding now much I love quilting.
Are there others that are late to quilting  like me or did you start out quilting?

No comments: