Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hive 3 June finished top

I was finally able to put together all the gnome and tree blocks that I received for my June turn as Queen, and I'm really happy with how great this quilt top turned out!


I made a few extra blocks so that I could fit in a big tree as a focal point, and I used pretty much all of the scraps that some of you so kindly sent along. I might add some couching with fuzzy yarn or something like that to the tree during quilting to decorate it a little further.

Thanks again for all the great blocks, Hive 3!

~Sylvia


9 comments:

Willa said...

Fun!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

June D said...

Great choices! Fun to see a finish!

Alison V. said...

This is one of my favorite Stash Bee quilts EVER!

Sylvia said...

Aww, Alison, thank you! It's definitely one of my two all-time favorites, too (I've been in the bee two years... ;) ). I think it was suited really well to this group because it was meant to be scrappy and wonky. I was so impressed with the blocks this year; they all fit together beautifully.

mumziepooh said...

This is terrific!!! Now I REALLY want to make one for me!

Ruth said...

Looks fantastic - love the big tree. Really pulls it together!

HelloQuilts! said...

That's a great finish! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Unknown said...

it turned out great!!!!!!

Carolyn said...

I am in love with how this quilt turned out! It really looks awesome. This was a great block for stash bee!