Wednesday, April 8, 2015

March 2015 Hive 6 Block Rocky Mountain Puzzle

I'm sorry for being late on posting pics of my blocks. I did send them off on time though.

I liked making all the HSTs and how this block design came out. Thank you Chelsea.

When I was first going through my stash I asked myself"is that peach or is it more of a coral?  Is that aqua or teal?" I realized that way lies madness so I picked green and lavender as my core colors.  I made two blocks because I wanted to see how they would look if I flipped a solid for a patterned fabric. I like how they came out both ways.

What time would I like to travel to? I'd stay in the present.  I don't want to be in a time period without things like penicillin and eye glasses.

And now....blocks!  It's hard to tell but the center border on the right block is a fantastic lime green not yellow like it looks on my screen.

 Thanks y'all, Julia









2 comments:

SewCroom said...

Love the Kale (?) - is that a Kaffe Fassett?

Julia said...

I think it's kale. It's not Kaffee Fasset. It's Martha Negley