Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Finished January Block for Ruth

Hello Hive 3 friends. This is Jennifer Barclay, from Eagle Mountain. I'm a bit slow at posting to blogger but I wanted to get caught up today. So here we go.

Ruth started us out with January and her Library block.  I struggled with this one because I don't have a ton of novelty or themed prints. But I realized that we all have books that are just words therefore the text prints.

Here is the finished block I sent her.

The question posed was our first quilt.  I got quilting after I took a community college extension class, called Quilting for beginners. I was newly married (no kids yet), had just finished college and felt like I needed to be creative.  Our big project was a rag quilt. I remember going to JoAnn's and picking out fabric and batting. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I caught the quilty bug and haven't looked back. I still really love the colors and this quilt has seen much love.
 


No comments: