Monday, March 16, 2015

Hive 2 March Blocks

I've never done Economy blocks, so thank you for the new experience.  I enjoy paper piecing and these were fun to put together.  I was worried I wouldn't have any 'bright' prints, but I guess it is all are relative to the other fabrics happening in the block.

I've never paid too much attention to the fabric designer.  I'm finding that when I like a design, I will tend to like other designs in the same collection.   I've been buying more entire collections because the mix of fabrics look fantastic together.  I'm using Cotton + Steel designs and Doe by Carolyn Friendlander in a current project.

I've used some of the fabric from a single designer that I keep noticing - the crazy animal in the bottom right is a Tula Pink design, and I hope it is not too floral.  I'd like to take more notice of designers in the future, what a cool job they have!



I look forward to next month!
Jennifer

1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

love the deer square Jennifer. Some great squares there.