Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hive 2 March for Jan Roberts - Correction

I want to apologize for the corrections. I totally forgot March is my month and I posted the original notice in a hurry and there were some errors that I have now corrected.  I would like everyone to make a scrappy star block similar to the one pictured below I borrowed the photo from Laura V's blog). Here is the tutorial.  I love bright, text, dots. This block has been a favorite of mine for a while.   Please use Kona white for the star and any colors for the blocks. You can put the star in any position on the block you'd like. You can make the block one color or mix it up.  Please make me 1 block since it is a larger one. 

 Here is a little info about me....

Name? Jan Roberts

Where do you live? I live in the central valley of California, Modesto.

Family Status? Married (41 years) with 6 children; 2 biological boys and 4 adopted daughters (from U.S., India and Korea). I have 3 granddaughters.

Hardest quilt thing you ever made (would you make it again?) Paper piecing was the most difficult for me. I tried a couple years ago and just couldn't get the hang of it. I tried it again last year and now I love it. I am amazed at the perfect points and small areas that can be added to blocks that are paper pieced. I have so many paper pieced blocks that were put away that I decided this year it is my goal to put them all into finished quilts. So far, 2 down, 1 in process and 5 to go.

Favorite dessert food? Pecan pie.

Last time you laughed really hard (and what was so funny)? My 10 month old granddaughter is funny! She keeps us in stitches with her antics.

What is your Day Job? I retired from Stanislaus County as an Executive Secretary 13 years ago. I went right into a job share with a medical group that I was familiar with through my previous job. I work 3 days a week for a group of Family Practice physicians that teach resident physicians. I love having two weekdays to spend crafting and sewing.

When did you learn to sew? I started sewing with embroidery when I was 7. Then I moved on to crocheting and knitting and was introduced to sewing in high school. I have been sewing ever since.

Do you remember the first thing you ever sewed? Yep, it was a A-line dress when I was a sophomore in high school.

Life Philosophy? Love the Lord, love people and serve with all your heart.

5 comments:

NW Patchwork said...

Do you want each block to be one color like the photo? Such as all yellow prints or just scraps of all colors within the same block?

Adrienne said...

the tutorial is for a 17.5 inch block, is this the size you want?

cheeky monkey said...

I love wonky stars :)

Think you have to use 3'' squares. This will give a total of 12.5''.

Jan aka StampQn said...

Thanks for the comments. I have modified the original post so the info is covered. Thanks Cheeky Monkey for the info on the square size! Jan

Jan aka StampQn said...

I decided that I will just stick with the original tutorial. I think it will be easier on everyone. Thanks everyone for making my block. Jan