Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hive #3 December Block

Hi girls! I hope it’s okay to post this a few days early in case anyone wants to get a head start since the holidays are quickly approaching!

The block I’d like to request for my month is the same one used in the Scrappy Stash QAL. It’s pretty much a log cabin cabin block made from different fabrics of one color. I’d prefer that it NOT be wonky, and please no batiks. A mix of bright and soft colors would be great! The size of the block I need is 9.5x9.5, but if you make it bigger and don’t feel like trimming it I have no problem doing that part for you! One block is fine, but of course if you’re having too much fun to stop at one I won’t complain :) My stash is seriously lacking in purples and blues so any blocks in those colors would be appreciated, but I’m okay with any colors! I’ll add a picture of a pink block I’ve already made for reference. Let me know if I’ve forgotten anything!

(Scrappy Stash log cabin tutorial)

3 comments:

NW Patchwork said...

are we quilting as we go as in that QAL? or just sewing up the block? I love these log cabins! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh thanks for asking! No please do not quilt as you go! I'm going to long arm it :)

Nancy D. said...

I love this block too. Thanks for posting early!