Friday, November 30, 2012

Hive #2 - November Portrait Blocks

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be a new member of the bee!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit nervous about this block, but in the end, it was a lot of fun to be so far outside of my comfort zone.

I ended up doing a silhouette for my portrait block:

I'm afraid that, although I love animals, I'm not much of a pet person. So I did a block of my favorite animal:


Laura, you said feel free to embellish the blocks so I took you at your word, and used a ribbon for the flamingo's body. I'll get these dropped off to the post office tomorrow!

3 comments:

Nataki said...

I love the ribbon embellishment..it is really good..

LYNN said...

These are great, cool idea for the flamingo!

Carol said...

Great blocks. Love the silhouette idea:)