Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hive 1 November Block

Sorry for the late post!! We switched the bee months around and I forgot to update my spreadsheet and just now realized it was my month! Without further ado...

I used this block for another bee and want to make the quilt even bigger because I just love it so much! I took inspiration from a tutorial I saw and have made a couple of small changes to it so please make sure you note them.

Inspiration Tutorial
Changes to Make:
Step 1: Cut your four beginning squares to 8.5 inches square
Step 2: Mark your lines 3 inches from the corners
Colors: please imitate the color scheme of the test block I have made below, using black as the solid and using the colors below and in that order for the tips.

BeeJeebers September Block
Each quadrant should have one side of each color.

Note: make sure you check and make sure which side of the tip the color is on before you start to sew, I almost tripped up a couple of times!

Top Left: orange and yellow
Top Right: green and aqua
Bottom Right: blue and purple
Bottom Left: pink and red


Feel free to use any fabrics, just make sure the read the color of the tip that they are in.

The block should finish at 16.5 inches square.

Again, if you have any questions just let me know! Thanks! I can't wait to see all your blocks!

8 comments:

CeLynn said...

So we are going to make the dots in 3 inches instead of 2 like she says in the tutorial? Also,you want one block? Just want to be clear before starting.

This is a very striking block,it is going to make a awesome quilt!

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

I know I saw a list of solid requests somewhere, but I can't find it now. Did you want a certain black for the center triangles? This is gorgeous, can't wait to see it all pulled together!

Colby said...

CeLynn that is correct. The change is to compensate for the size adjustment. Heather any black will do as long as it is a true black.

Samantha said...

I just hope I have enough of each color in my stash. :D Pretty block!

supersara20 said...

love this block, now I want one of these quilts!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Great! This one will be fun!

Carol said...

Amazing block

Danny Heyen said...

Wow! Love this block. Your finished quilt will look amazing!