Friday, May 11, 2012

Hive #2, May block

Well, finally the charcoal Kona arrived, today! So I have done a block quickly. I am not quite sure it is what you are after, so if I am missing the point, please tell me, and I will try again.
The charcoal is a really rich grey, and sets off the other colours really well. I am just not sure what constitutes a 'modern' print. So many of the new prints are quite retro in feel, or variations on a traditional idea.

Anyway, I went through my stash- which, for a stash busting bee, seems to be growing and not shrinking- and came up with these, rainbow colours, and varied prints.

So, what do you think?

I really quite like wonky stars, They are simple in concept, but just tricksy enough to be interesting. I only had to unpick two seams and redo them.


Now back to costumes!

1 comment:

helenjanei said...

Lovely! Thank you! And thems some excellent seams :-)