Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hive # 1 May blocks for Jamie Lee

This block has been so difficult for me.  Not really sure why,other than for some reason I just couldn't wrap my brain around How to get the triangles onto the kona squares!  Which is just crazy,you would think that if I can sew up a paper pieced star this should be a cake walk!

This was my first attempt :(  Not pretty at all,and it is approximately 11 1/4 x 15 1/2 ish!  So I emailed Jamie Lee,Help!  She is such a sweetie,she was quick to reply,and she emailed me step by step instructions.    I still had a really hard time with it,but my second block is a little better.

This is my second attempt,it measures 12 1/2 x almost 16 3/4 inches.  It is also backwards,but Jamie Lee you did say,that would be okay.  So I hope it is!

3 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Fantastic, it is perfect, CeLynn! I think it will add just the right amount of *interesting* to this quilt. Thanks so much!!!

ps. The first three I cut to 12.5 x 16, so this is the perfect size, too:)

Danny Heyen said...

The book had backwards blocks too. I think it will look great!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Hi, I got the blocks in the mail yesterday and they are not backwards!!! Yay!!! They are perfect, thanks:)