Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I need some border advice!

Good Morning Hive Mates,

I've put together 12 of my 21 blocks into a Quilts of Valor quilt.  So far, this is what the FIRST quilt top looks like.


Currently this measures 42 x 56 and the minimum size for a QOV quilt is 55 x 65.  I could add two additional borders or just add one large 6.5" - 7" border all around.  WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

What COLOR do you think the 2nd border should be?  Red solid, red with stars, white with blue and red, etc. 

If you don't see your block, please don't worry that I didn't use it.  Between my mom and I, we are making the additional 3 blocks so that I have a total of 24 blocks for the 2 quilt tops. 

I so appreciate everyone helping me out....thank you!  I think these quilts are going to look great. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on what I should do for a border!

Cindy

13 comments:

Nancy D. said...

It looks great! I like the idea of a skinny white either solid or with blue & red next and then a larger red with stars around the edge to finish it off.

Anonymous said...

I vote skinny white with red. Normally, I would say do patterned red to go with the patterned blue.

KristyLou said...

Oh wow! This looks so great! I am so happy you could get two quilts from it. I think you should do 2 borders. I REALLY like Sunni's idea.

Danny Heyen said...

I like the skinny white and red idea too. Or, skinny white with another blue border then bind with red. That would make the reds pop a lot more.

Unknown said...

I love this quilt. Can't wait to see it finished!!!

cheeky monkey said...

that looks amazing! I absolutely love it! Well done Hive 1

mammafairy said...

I think you could go with a blue and white narrow border, and then a solid red.
It will look amazing whatever you do, they are brilliant.

LYNN said...

Love this quilt!

Studio V said...

That looks great!

Studio V said...

That looks great!

supersara20 said...

I vote for skinny red then a thick blue that is the same as the sashing. Then bind in red.

Strawberry Patch said...

Wow! I like the idea of a wide border with some fancy quilting in it to echo the stars perhaps.

The Sunflower Patch said...

Wow,it looks Beautiful! I agree with the skinny white with red.