Tuesday, February 28, 2012

March - Hive #1

I just finished my paper pieced block.  I took lots of pictures while making it but I don't know how much or little you want me to show.  I'll get them together and try to see if they even make sense.

Here it is:



I make Quilts of Valor quilts and they are donated to wounded soldiers.  I thought it would be great if you all help with a QOV quilt.  I'll use all of the blocks to make 1 or hopefully 2 quilts.  So start rounding up your Kona White (I bought mine from Joann's) and your patriotic blues and reds.  I'll post again on March 1st with the template and directions. 

Thanks!

Cindy

10 comments:

Studio V said...

That is very pretty! I love the idea of a soldier getting the quilt we make!

Miki Willa said...

I hope you will be able to put in the full size foundation template we will need for this. If not, maybe you can add a link to a google doc or something. I look forward to giving this block a try.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and I can't wait to get started!!

Nancy D. said...

That is a great block! I love that you're planning on donating to wounded soldiers too.

Taisia @ Piecing Light said...

In freaky coincidence, I was looking at this exact block yesterday in scrappy form and thinking how awesome it looked and that I really wanted to make it.

Template linky was here, in case it may be of use.
http://six-white-horses.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/lone-starburst.html

Cindy said...

Actually, we are going to use her friend Monica's template.

Taisia @ Piecing Light said...

Ah right! The one that goes closer to the edge, good plan. How much Kona White will it need? I'm a little low at the moment.

Cindy said...

I would think a FQ would work.

Strawberry Patch said...

Wow, cant wait to give this a try!

Studio V said...

Can the center star be either red or blue or do you prefer red as shown?