Friday, February 17, 2012

Hive #1 for Samantha

So last weekend I started on Samantha's pineapple block.  I put on the first row of black and trimmed it like the tutorial and I'm thinking this is going to be easy.  Then I added the first row of red and trimmed it and I quickly changed my mind and realized it was going to be difficult.



On Wednesday, a friend and I went to A Scarlet Thread to see the largest quilt store in Georgia (if you ever get to Georgia, you have got to make a point to go to this store...it is amazing).  Anyway, I brought my sorry looking block with me to see if I could find someone in the store to tell me what I was doing wrong.  A customer came over and showed me that I needed to buy the "pineapple" ruler.  She swore that if I used it, I would have a perfect pineapple block.


I bought it!  I love quilting notions.
So here is my block.  I'm not saying it is perfect but the ruler was a godsend.

I'm happy with it.  I hope you like it Samantha.  I made a sig block as well and it should be in the mail this afternoon. 

Cindy from Spin the Bobbin

4 comments:

Annaliese said...

i'm always interested in people's reviews of 'specialty' tools like that, glad to hear it was just the trick!

kinter said...

That is a tool to add to the list. Your block turned out great!

Samantha said...

Looks great! I am so going to go and find me one of those rulers! :)

Danny Heyen said...

Great tool! I'd never even heard of it!